Your Mental Health Matters
Texas Health’s employee benefit philosophy focuses on helping our employees optimize their health and well-being. We’re working to prioritize and de-stigmatize mental health and to support each other as we do our life’s best work, together. No matter where you are in your in your life journey, we’ve got something for you.
As we fulfill our Mission to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve, we know it’s easy to put yourself on the back burner while taking care of others. You are a valuable member of the Texas Health family, and we are committed to making sure you have the tools and resources you need to take care of yourself, first.
To do that, it’s important to check in on yourself regularly by doing self-assessments. By being honest with yourself on where you’re at mentally/emotionally, you can give yourself the things you need, like:
- Taking time away from work
- Seeking support (online, in person, over the phone, etc.)
- Focusing on your physical health
Creating a Culture of Support
We need to work together to take care of ourselves as well as those around us. You play an important role in creating a culture of well-being at Texas Health and being a friend to your co-workers and those around you is key. Here are some ways to do that:
- Ask your co-workers how they are doing. Being a listening ear is one of the best types of support you can provide.
- Know what’s available to help. When someone is struggling, it’s hard to know the right thing to say. But being able to offer resources and tools to someone in need can be just the thing they may need. Information found on this website can help.
- Show appreciation with Applause. By celebrating our achievements, we help others know they are valued, and excellence is recognized. To get started with Applause, visit MyTHR.org, select Total Rewards, then My Applause on the left.
We’re Here to Help
Find the support you need by navigating the benefits on this website. Need help? Give the Benefits Department a call at 1-877-698-4754 prompt 9 and we can point you in the right direction.