Know who you can see and where you can go for care
One of the biggest things that you should think about when picking a medical plan option is knowing which doctors you can see and what hospitals you can go to.
Texas Health Aetna
Texas Health Aetna Select Plan 1000 and Texas Health Aetna Select Plan 3000
- Network Doctors: A select, local group of primary care doctors, specialists in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Texas Health Aetna’s Open Access EPO Plus network.
- Network Hospitals: A select, local group of hospitals in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Texas Health Aetna’s Open Access EPO Plus network.
- Out-of-Network: With either Texas Health Aetna plan option, you will pay the full cost of services for any care you receive from a doctor or hospital that is not in network.
How to find a doctor or facility in the Texas Health Aetna Open Access EPO Plus network (which has grown since last enrollment):
- Visit www.texashealthaetna.com
- Select “Click here to find a doctor” under the Find a Doctor section
- Enter your home location (zip, city, county, or state) and click “Search”
- Under Select a Plan, choose “Employer Plan — Open Access EPO Plus” as your plan and click “Continue”
- To get the most up to date information, please contact Texas Health Aetna member services at 1-877-MyTHRLink (1-877-698-4754), prompt 1.
- Specifically ask about providers or facilities for the Texas Health Aetna network called “Open Access EPO Plus”, NOT just the Aetna network.
UnitedHealthcare Choice Plan 500, UnitedHealthcare Choice Plan 1000 and UnitedHealthcare Choice Plan 1500 Plus
- Network Doctors: Doctors that take UnitedHealthcare insurance are considered “network” providers. You will typically pay less when you receive care from a network doctor rather than someone out of network.
- Network Hospitals: Any hospital that takes UnitedHealthcare insurance is considered a UnitedHealthcare Choice Hospital.
- Preferred Hospitals: Preferred Hospitals are not a separate network. They are a select group of hospitals (such as Cook Children’s and all Texas Health hospitals) within the UnitedHealthcare Choice network. When you use Texas Health Preferred Hospitals, you will receive the highest level of benefit coverage and pay the lowest out-of-pocket costs. To see a list of Preferred Hospitals, click here.
- Out-of-Network: Providers and facilities that are not participating in the UnitedHealthcare network are considered “out-of-network”. Only the UnitedHealthcare Choice 1500 Plus plan option covers out-of-network providers or hospitals and you will pay more if you use them.
How to find a doctor or facility in the UnitedHealthcare network:
To find a list of doctors and facilities in network, go to http://welcometouhc.com/thr. Under “I want to…”, select “Find a network doctor or hospital”.