Five Tips for Using Your Dental Benefits
Check out these tips so you can take care of your teeth and use your benefits wisely.
- Make sure you are paying the right amount. Being registered at www.aetna.com allows you to receive emails when a new EOB (explanation of benefits) is processed. An EOB tells you what was billed, what the plan paid, and how much you may owe.
- No ID Card Required. An ID card is not required for Aetna Dental. Just give your dentist office your name, date of birth, and Member ID# (or your social security number). If you prefer to have a card, you can print one at www.aetna.com.
- Finding/selecting a dentist. www.aetna.com is the website to look for a provider.
- Enrolled in the DMO? Each covered DMO participant must have a designated primary care dentist prior to accessing DMO services. Be sure to complete this process a few weeks before you wish to make an appointment. To designate your primary care dentist, use the link above to identify a dentist. When asked to select a plan, choose “Dental Management Organization (DMO)”. Make note of the primary office number for the chosen dentist for each participant. Then call Aetna at 1-877-MyTHRLink (877-698-4754), and select prompt 2, then press 4 to notify Aetna of your choice.
- Having troubles with a claim? Call Customer Service. You can contact Aetna customer service by calling 1-877-MyTHRLink (877-698-4754), and select prompt 2, then press 4.
- Remember to use your FSA (flexible spending account) funds. If you’re enrolled in the Health Care Flexible Spending Account, don’t forget to take your FSA card with you to your dental appointment. Even if you forget it, you can still file claims for eligible expenses. Find out more here.