LEAVE OF ABSENCE OVERVIEW
Texas Health recognizes that extended time away from work is important and sometimes necessary due to illness, injury or other personal circumstances that could arise requiring a leave of absence.
Whether you take extended time off for military service or to stay at home and bond with a newborn, or to care for yourself or a loved one, Texas Health provides eligible employees paid time-off benefits and various leave options.
What kind of leave of absence options do I have?
Texas Health provides eligible employees with a variety of leave options.
- Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Medical Leave under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Military Leave
- Personal Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
These links above provide a summary of Texas Health’s leave of absence policies. For complete details, see the Leave of Absence policy.
If you aren’t sure which leave type you qualify for based on your situations and employment status, contact Integrated Disability Management (IDM) at 682-236-7278 and they will discuss your available leave options with you.
How do I know if I need to take a leave of absence?
A leave of absence should be requested when you are absent from work for more than three (3) consecutive calendar days due to medical, military, or personal reasons (excluding approved vacations for up to 30 days) that has been approved by Texas Health’s Integrated Disability Management (IDM) department and/or Human Resources. Click here to learn how to request a leave of absence.
A leave of absence may cover continuous or intermittent time away from work.
- Continuous leave: an approved absence of more than three consecutive calendar days
- Intermittent leave: Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), eligible employees may take non-consecutive time off for qualifying reasons (e.g., medical treatments, episodic illnesses, etc.).
Having a baby? Checkout this guide.
- Certification of Healthcare Provider Form (FMLA)
- ADA Reasonable Accommodation Packet
- Release to Return to Work
- Leave Policy