Health Fairs Coming Again Soon
Health fairs are a free, voluntary benefit provided by Be Healthy. Employees of wholly-owned entities at Texas Health Resources are eligible to participate. Employees enrolled in the medical plan will earn rewards and premium credits. This is a great option to get your Be Healthy Basics measured to earn your 2017 benefits credits, and to visit with various benefit vendors.
We screened more employees during the first quarter health fairs of 2016 than we did during all of 2015! We expect a large attendance again at the third quarter health fairs as well, so please plan accordingly and know that we make every effort to get each participating employee in and out the door as quickly as possible. Here are some things to remember:
1) No appointment is necessary; walk-ins only. Remember to fast 8-10 hours before getting screened for the most accurate results!
2) After you have your initial metrics taken, it takes approximately 8 minutes for the machines to read the results.
3) We will have representatives from many of our benefit vendors available to speak with you regarding any questions you might have.
4) Once your results have been processed, a counselor will go over your individual results with you. They will tell you what they mean for your health, and provide information on how to improve your measures if they are not within recommended ranges.
5) Some employees may experience their LDL Cholesterol reading as N/A at the health fair. Please read more about that here.
You can find the most current health fair schedule at BeHealthyTHR.org/health-fairs.