Moving Retirement Plans to Fidelity Investments
Texas Health periodically reviews retirement plans and vendors to provide employees with cost-effective and customer-friendly benefits. Through a thorough review process, Fidelity Investment was chosen as the provider for administrative and recordkeeping services for the Plans*.
Beginning Oct. 1, 2015, the Plans will transition from Empower Retirement to Fidelity. The Plans have always been an important part of your benefits package. The Plan design under Fidelity will remain the same.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- No immediate action is required.
- Your Plan account balances will transfer to the same Plan account type and investments at Fidelity.
- If you are currently contributing in the 401(k) Plan, your contributions will also continue.
- Over the next two months, you will receive transition information with important key dates, Plan activities, and new services.
- You will also receive notification when the transition is complete.
- Check out this FAQ for more specifics.
Fidelity is one of the leading providers of workplace retirement savings plans. They offer investment management, retirement planning, brokerage and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions.
*Applicable to Texas Health Resources 401(k) Retirement Plan, Frozen PHS & HMHS 401(k) Plan, Frozen PHS & HMHS 403(b) Plan, Frozen PHS 401(a) Plan and Frozen Prior Employer 401(k) Plans.