Check out these tips and program information so you can take care of your teeth and use your benefits with wisely.
Tools to help you are available at www.aetna.com
- Make sure you are paying the right amount. Being registered at www.aetna.com allows you to receive emails when a new EOB (explanation of benefits) is processed. An EOB tells you what was billed, what the plan paid, and how much you owe.
- Print ID cards. Aetna has a new program where an ID card is no longer required. Simply give your dentist office your name, date of birth, and Member ID# (or your social security number). If you prefer to have a card, you can print one at www.aetna.com.
Finding/selecting a dentist
- Need to find a dentist? www.aetna.com is the website to look for a provider but if not logged in, you have to go through several screens to get to the right place. So we’ve found a direct link for you. Go to http://www.aetna.com/dse/search?site_id=dse to search for a provider.
- Enrolled in the DMO? Each covered DMO participant must have a designated primary care dentist prior to accessing DMO services. Be sure to complete this process a few weeks before you wish to make an appointment. To designate your primary care dentist, use the link above to identify a dentist. When asked to select a plan, choose “Dental Management Organization (DMO)”. Make note of the primary office number for the chosen dentist for each participant. Then call Aetna at 1-877-MyTHRLink (877-698-4754), and select prompt 6, then prompt 3 to notify Aetna of your choice.
Having troubles with a claim?
- Call Customer Service. You can contact Aetna customer service by calling 1-877-MyTHRLink (877-698-4754), and select prompt 6, then prompt 3.
Remember to use your FSA (flexible spending account) funds
- Did you know? FSA funds can be used for dependents whether you have them covered on your dental plan or not.
- Have unused funds in your FSA from 2014? The Texas Health FSA offers a grace period which allows you to use FSA funds from 2014 for services through March 15 of 2015. Simply use your debit card to access either 2014 or 2015 funds.