Helpful Information about 1095-C and W-2 Forms
In early 2017, a 1095-C form will be provided to you by Texas Health Resources in addition to your W-2. This form will contain detailed information about your 2016 health care coverage. When filing your taxes, you will be asked for information from the form. The IRS will use the information you report from your 1095-C to determine whether you will pay a penalty for failing to have health care coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Like last year, you do not have to wait for the 1095-C form to file your taxes.
You can also consent to receive online delivery of your 1095-C. Find out more information here.
- You can consent to receive your W-2 online. This will save money and you don’t have to wait for your form! Go to MyTHR.org, and select ‘I want to receive my W-2 electronically’ under the THR Employee Menu.
- If you have consented to receive your W-2 form online, be sure to print all applicable information from MyTHR.org when available. There is a link for the back of the W-2 form as well as the front.
- W-2 forms are available to all employees on MyTHR.org regardless if you consented to receive an online form or not.
- Those who did not consent to receive their W-2 online will have a printed W-2 mailed to their current “mail” address listed under the personal information page. Please login to MyTHR.org to make sure your mailing address is correct.
- If you worked at more than one Texas Health facility in 2016, you will receive a separate W-2 for each location. If you have multiple W-2’s, more than one 2016 link will be visible for you on MyTHR.org. The employer taxpayer ID number is the same on all W-2 forms but the information is different coming from wage payments while working at each entity.