Discounts on Products and Services
Save more of your hard earned dollars. Below are a variety of discounts available through Texas Health and through the community.
- Employee Discount site: available to benefits eligible employees of Texas Health, this website has deals on grocery services, meal delivery services, office supplies and more.
- BP: First responders and health care workers get 15¢ off every gallon for 60 days. To get the discount, you’ll have to verify your employment status. Learn more at www.bp.com/localheroes.
- Samsung: Samsung is offering 30% off certain products to first responders and healthcare professionals.
Employee Relief Fund
The Texas Health Employee Relief Fund was formed to help employees affected by COVID-19. This pandemic has caused hardship for many Texas Health employees, especially those who had to miss work for more than two weeks after testing positive for COVID-19 or that have lost an immediate family member, including parents, from a COVID related illness. This fund will award grants to eligible employees to help cover basic needs, such as child care, food or hotel lodging; or for critical needs, such as housing, utilities or related medical expenses. Find out more here.
COVID-19 Response Fund
You may be able to receive reimbursement for your hotel stay for a COVID-19 related expense. To start the process to receive reimbursement, submit an expense report through your normal local entity processes. Click here for details on how to create an expense report. When submitting your expense report, include a copy of your hotel receipt as well as this form.
- TIP: When completing step #7 of the “how to create an expense report” instructions, update the Accounting Details: the Dept will be 43550; Account 663010; Program 24001
- Please note that your expense report will be sent to your supervisor for approval
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email COVIDFinance@texashealth.org.
Visit with a Fidelity Retirement Planner for free over the phone to talk through any questions or concerns about your 401(k). Learn more here.
Check out these resources for the changing market (i.e. the reason for the ups and downs in your 401(k) balance):
- Keeping Calm
- 6 tips to navigate volatile markets
- Markets, emotions, and you
- Coronavirus and stocks in perspective
To view your 401(k) and to get more information on changing markets, login to your Fidelity account at netbenefits.com/thr.
Be Healthy Rewards
If you are enrolled in medical coverage through Texas Health, you have a variety of programs and activities to choose from to earn UP TO $300 in Be Healthy rewards in 2022, in addition to the ability to earn up to $520 in wellness credits for 2023. If your spouse is enrolled in coverage, they can choose from programs and activities to earn UP TO $175 in Be Healthy rewards in 2022.
Check out the healthy activities and ways to earn rewards available to you through Virgin Pulse, and view this checklist for a list of all the ways to earn rewards in 2022.
Financial Services through the Employee Assistance Program
If you have questions about or need assistance with credit counseling, debt and budgeting assistance, tax planning or financial planning, you can speak with a financial counselor, who will offer telephonic consultation to help with an array of financial concerns. This service includes one free 60-minute telephonic consultation per separate matter and also includes a 25% discount on rates if the financial consultant is hired for additional services. For more information about this service, visit the THR EAP website.
Selling PTO Hours
Texas Health offers the Paid Time Off (PTO) program so you continue to receive pay while you are away from work for vacation, holidays, illness or injury, leave of absence or Family and Medical Leave. However, you can sell some of the PTO hours that you have in your bank as extra income on your paycheck. See the details, rules and instructions on how to sell PTO here.
The Helping Hands Fund gives Texas Health employees a way to help other Texas Health employees by providing PTO to those who have used all of their PTO and still need time away from work because of an illness or catastrophic event.
An employee who has experienced a catastrophic event and has used all of his or her PTO can apply and, if approved, receive PTO hours from the fund. Find out how to donate hours or apply to receive Helping Hands here.
- Resources through Fidelity including help with estate planning and managing debt, savings on tax preparations, financial wellness checkups and more
- Mortgage, Rent and Utility Information
- City of Dallas COVID-19 Resources: page includes information on financial assistance, utility adjustments, childcare resources and more
- Collin County has created an Emergency Housing and Living Assistance program called Collin Cares. For guidelines, qualifications and to apply, visit www.colincountytx.gov/cares.
- Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more.
- Discounted Virtual Access to Texas Health Fitness Centers with FX Well