Texas Health provides members with diabetes or anyone at risk for diabetes a program specific to your needs to help you manage the disease through education and ongoing motivation.
Can I participate?
Employees and eligible family members with active medical coverage through Texas Health Resources with a diabetes diagnosis or those that are at risk for diabetes and a physician’s referral are eligible to participate in this program.
Check out this flyer for an overview of Diabetes Care.
How do I participate?
- Call the Texas Health Diabetes Education Center at 1-800-804-3399 or UTSW at 214-645-5305 to find out more information about the program, referrals, and to find a location near you.
- To qualify for free test strips, visit your Texas Health or UTSW Diabetes Educator once every three months. ($10 co-pay applies)
What’s in it for me?
- Unlimited Education: $10 copay* per visit at Texas Health and UTSW hospitals
- Free Glucometer: With a prescription, receive a glucometer at no charge by contacting Caremark or a Texas Health Diabetes center.
- Free Test Strips: Available through the Caremark Mail Service, THD Apothecary, THD Prescription Shop, and THP Medicine Chest with a prescription. (NOTE: Pediatric members (18 and under) may obtain free test strips. Please contact Texas Health Benefits Support for more information at 1-877-MyTHRLink, prompt 9 or THRBenefitsSupport@texashealth.org)
*If you are enrolled in the Texas Health Aetna Select Plan 3000 or UnitedHealthcare Choice 1500 plan, you must meet your deductible before the $10 copay applies to you.
Who do I contact with questions?
If you have any questions or problems regarding this program, please contact 1-877-MyTHRLink (1-877-698-4754) prompt 4, then 5. For general questions regarding the Be Healthy program, please contact BeHealthyTHR@TexasHealth.org.