August 2017: Do you have a Health Care or Day Care Spending Account for 2017?


Do you have a Health Care or Day Care Spending Account for 2017?


Health Care Spending Account

Day Care Spending Account

  • You may claim day care expenses for a dependent who lives with you and relies on you for more than half of his or her financial support. Dependents include your children under age 13 whom you claim on your federal income tax return and disabled dependents of any age who live with you more than half the year.
  • You may be reimbursed for day care only if it enables you to work, not for occasional baby sitters. If you are married, your spouse must also work, be looking for work, be a full-time student, or be disabled.
  • Eligible care includes care in your home, someone else’s home, or a licensed day care center. You may be reimbursed for care provided by a relative who is not your spouse, child under age 19, or someone you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return.



In many cases, you will be able to use your Payflex debit card to pay for your eligible expenses. However, if you go to a provider who doesn’t meet the requirements, you will pay your expenses out-of-pocket at the time of service and file a claim for reimbursement from your HCSA.

According to IRS guidelines, PayFlex may verify that all debit card purchases are eligible expenses. If you receive a Request for Documentation letter from PayFlex, you must provide documentation for the transactions listed in the letter in order to keep your card active.


  • Log in to and click “File a Claim”
  • Submit using the PayFlex Mobile App
  • Complete the form and fax to 1-855-703-5305
  • Complete the form​ and mail to: PayFlex Systems USA, Inc. P.O.Box 981158 El Paso, TX 79998


Contact PayFlex at 1-877-MyTHRLink (1-877-698-4754) prompt 6, press 6