How to get FREE care for minor illnesses
Virtual Visits are a convenient way to access care. When you have a minor illness, you can see a board-certified doctor by video chat. Most visits take about 15 minutes, and the doctor can send a prescription to your local pharmacy, if needed. The best part is Texas Health pays the entire cost.
To access Virtual Visits:
From your mobile device:
- Download the Doctor on Demand or Amwell app
From a desktop:
- Visit doctorondemand.com or www.amwell.com
- The first time you visit, set up an account. You’ll be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, pharmacy preference, etc.
- Each time you visit, you’ll be asked brief medical questions about your current medical concern. Then, you’ll enter a virtual waiting room until you are connected with a board-certified doctor.
- The doctor will discuss your medical issue and send a prescription to your pharmacy, if appropriate.