Spring Forward with Safety – Safe Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring is a perfect time for cleaning and organizing your home. It is also a great time to check on safety items in your home and practice for emergency preparedness.
- Check to ensure the following items are complete and in working order. Change batteries, if applicable.
- Smoke alarms
- Carbon monoxide alarms
- First aid kit
- Emergency flashlight
- If using chemicals for cleaning, read all labels and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure chemicals and hazardous materials in your home are stored properly.
- Ensure exits to your home are not blocked.
- Practice your family emergency plan.